Saturday, November 8, 2008

End of Hurricane Season

Payton's team, the Hurricanes, lost Thursday night so our football season is over. At least for Youth League football. Syd's High School team is going to the playoffs and will play in Charlotte next Friday night. Syd is home this weekend and we went to the Greenville High game and he got to see his friends. He seemed really excited to be back to see Sirrine Stadium. I have to admit after visiting other stadiums, there is just something about that place and I can't imagine as a athlete what it would feel like to play there. Mike played there when he played football for J.L Mann and he has said that it was just a awesome feeling playing at Sirrine. Syd has played there as a freshman but I really want him to experience it as a Junior and Senior.

We also took a friend with us to the game. A boy that was in my class the first year I was at Mitchell Road Elementary has kept in touch with me and calls occasionally. His name is Orlandous and he called right before the game and when he found out we were going to the game he wanted to go so I ask his mother and she let him. We really enjoyed having him with us.

Today I'm playing Taxi and errand runner so I guess I better get going. Is there ever time for myself?????

0 comments: