Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My First Birthday Party

After doing some thinking about what memory to share I felt that for my very first post for the very first "Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane" that it would only be fitting to share about my very first Birthday Party. To begin, let me tell you a little about my childhood. I am the youngest of 4 and my mother was a SAHM and my daddy was a Preacher. We never had alot of money but I never felt like I was having to do without either. We always had a nice clean home, it was warm and cozy and momma always cooked us three meals a day. I have heard her say many times that there were days she didn't know what she would feed us the next day but that the Lord would always provide for us and he did. My home was a home where I always knew I was loved and I feel truly blessed to have been brought up in a Christian home.

One thing my mother didn't celebrate though like most parents do were our Birthdays. Looking back on this it seems really sad but I never wondered why and I never felt cheated. She would bake me a cake on that day but as far as gifts or having friends over...an actual party...I never had one. Not until April 2005. So on this day my husband and boys gave me a Birthday Party. My very First Party! Just having the party would have been plenty enough for me but as my gift they gave me a Easy Bake Oven. This was something my boys had always heard me say I wanted as a little girl but I never got. Well, I can't say that anymore and not only did I get the Easy Bake Oven but I also got a Barbie Cake. Can you imagine my surprise? I loved this party and just knowing that these men in my life that I dearly love, put this much thought into doing something like this for me, just made the whole thing that much more special.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love that story! My family was the same way. I was adopted and so loved, but we never had a lot of money and it wasn't very often that I actually had friends over and an actual party. There's only a few years I remember doing that and I never thought anything of it either! My husband's parents still make a big deal and have parties for their own birthdays and that was so odd to me at first!

Chat with Kathleen said...

What a caring family you have and so thoughtful. They listened and gave you what you had always wanted.

Unknown said...

That is just so sweet! I'm blessed to know that you knew you were loved by your parents (and we know that true love doesn't need gifts), and yet you were also given something by your husband and children as an act of love too. Love is beautiful...no matter how it's expressed.

Thank you so much for joining us today with your precious story. I hope you'll join us again next week.

Lynnette :)

Pen to Paper; Spirit to Soul said...

Aww!!! How sweet of your man and what a treasure to be teaching those young men of yours!

Linda said...

Awwh! That was so sweet of your husband and the fam to give you that party and gifts. You are blessed,...a good childhood and a blessed marriage.
God is good!